Saturday, May 31, 2014

Welcome to Just Recipes

Hello and how are you? Hope all is as well as can be. I am starting a new blog about recipes. I love to eat so therefore I should love to cook. My favorite is baking. I always find recipes online and save or book mark them. I figure one day I'll make this. I'm always looking for something new to make. What about you? What is your favorite thing to make? I have things come to my email and also find recipes on Facebook and Twitter. So this is just the beginning. I will post recipes up probably daily but definetly weekly. I always find something that I like. So I hope you follow me so we can go on this journey together. Thanks Michelle. Here's the first recipe.

Cherry Bar Dessert
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Ingredients

    1 cup butter, softened
    2 cups sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    4 Eggland’s Best Eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon almond extract
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
GLAZE:

    1 cup confectioners’ sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon almond extract
    2 to 3 tablespoons milk
Directions

    Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and
    salt until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
    after each addition. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour.
    Spread 3 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Spread
    with pie filling. Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over
    filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely
    in pan on a wire rack.
    In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, extracts and enough milk
    to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over top. Yield: 5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment